Tired of your AirPods falling out during the worst times? Discover the top tips to ensure a snug fit, no matter the activity. Dive into practical solutions that promise a world where your AirPods stay in place, providing uninterrupted sound and peace of mind. Your quest for hassle-free listening ends here.
AirPods Falling Out Tips & guides
Wearing AirPods Correctly
Wearing your AirPods the right way is the first step to enjoying clear sound and keeping them snug in your ears. Here’s how to do it:
- Gently insert the AirPods into your ears with the stem pointing downwards.
- If they feel loose, try rotating them slightly forward or backward until they feel more secure.
The idea is to have a comfortable fit where the AirPods do not fall out easily, especially when you move around.
Choosing the Right Size Ear Tips
If you own AirPods Pro, you have the advantage of interchangeable ear tips to find the perfect fit. Here’s how you do it:
- Your AirPods Pro comes with three sizes of ear tips: small, medium, and large.
- To change the ear tips, grasp the base of the ear tip and pull firmly. To attach a new one, align the oval connector with the ear tip and push until you hear a click.
- Try different sizes and see which one feels the most comfortable and secure.
By choosing the right size, you ensure a better fit and improved sound quality.
The Ear Tip Fit Test
Apple has provided a nifty feature to help you find the right fit called the Ear Tip Fit Test. Follow these steps on your iPhone to perform the test:
- Insert your AirPods Pro into your ears.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Tap the information icon next to your AirPods Pro name.
- Select “Ear Tip Fit Test” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Minor Adjustments for a Better Fit
Sometimes, a small change can make a big difference. When you put your AirPods in your ears, giving them a little twist can help them stay put. Here’s how:
- Insert the AirPods in your ears with the stem pointing down as usual.
- Now, give them a slight twist either forward or backward.
- Find the angle where they feel the most secure and comfortable.
This little twist could be the trick to stop your AirPods from falling out.
Pressing, Rotating, and Wedging AirPods
Getting a snug fit might need a bit of adjusting. The technique of pressing, rotating, and wedging your AirPods can help. Here’s how:
- Gently press your AirPods into your ears, but not too deep.
- Once they are in, rotate them slightly until you find a position where they feel tight and comfy.
- If they still feel loose, you can try wedging them by pushing them in a little and rotating them again.
Alternative Ear Tips
Replacing Silicone Ear Tips with Memory Foam Ear Tips
The AirPods Pro come with silicone ear tips which are soft, but sometimes they might not give the perfect seal to your ears. A good solution could be to switch to memory foam ear tips. Here’s why and how:
- Better Seal: Memory foam ear tips can shape themselves to the inside of your ear much better than silicone. This means a better seal which helps in keeping the AirPods in place and also improves sound quality.
- More Comfort: Many people find memory foam to be more comfortable because it adjusts to your ear shape.
- Noise Isolation: A better seal also means better noise isolation, so you can hear your music clearer, even in noisy places.
How to Replace:
- Removing Silicone Tips: Grasp the base of the silicone tip on your AirPods Pro and pull it off gently.
- Choosing Memory Foam Tips: Get memory foam tips of the same size as your silicone tips. They usually come in small, medium, and large sizes.
- Attaching Memory Foam Tips: Squeeze the memory foam tips a bit, then push them onto your AirPods Pro until they click in place. Now, insert the AirPods into your ears. The memory foam will expand to fill your ear canal, creating a snug fit.
With memory foam ear tips, you might find your AirPods Pro staying in place better, and your music sounding even nicer. So, it’s worth giving these alternative ear tips a try!
Maintenance for a Secure Fit
Cleaning AirPods Properly
Keeping your AirPods clean is not only important for good hygiene but also for ensuring a secure fit. Over time, earwax and dust can build up and make your AirPods slippery or block the sound. Here’s how cleaning helps and how to do it properly:
- Preventing Build-up: Regular cleaning prevents earwax and dust build-up which can make your AirPods loose.
- Better Sound: Clean AirPods deliver better sound as there’s nothing blocking the speaker mesh.
- Longer Lifespan: Keeping them clean can also extend the life of your AirPods.
How to Clean:
- Soft, Dry Cloth: Start by wiping your AirPods with a soft, dry cloth to remove any loose dirt or earwax.
- Toothpick and Mounting Putty: For tougher build-up, use a toothpick and some mounting putty. Warm up the putty a little, press it against the speaker mesh, and pull it off. Most of the dirt should come off with it.
- Soft-Bristled Brush: If there’s still some residue left, use a soft-bristled brush (like a toothbrush) dipped in a bit of isopropyl alcohol (70%). Gently brush the mesh to remove any remaining dirt.
- Dry Thoroughly: Make sure your AirPods are completely dry before using them again.
- Regular Cleaning: Make it a habit to clean your AirPods regularly, at least once a week, to keep them fitting well and sounding great.
AirPod Covers, Hooks, and Grips
Sometimes, the basic design of AirPods might not fit well for everyone. But don’t worry, there are plenty of third-party accessories available that can help keep your AirPods in place. Let’s explore some of these handy accessories:
Silicone covers are like little jackets for your AirPods. They slide over your AirPods and provide an extra layer of grip. This way, your AirPods can sit more securely in your ears.
Plus, they come in fun colours and designs!
If you find your AirPods slipping out often, especially when you move around a lot, AirPod hooks could be a solution. These hooks attach to your AirPods and have a curve that tucks into the inner fold of your ear, helping to keep them in place.
Grips are another great accessory to prevent your AirPods from falling out. They usually have larger hooks that wrap around the outside of your ear, providing extra security.
Now, while these accessories can provide a better fit, they might not make your AirPods waterproof. So, even with these on, the question is, Can You Use Airpods in the Shower? still has a negative answer. It’s always better to keep your AirPods away from water to prevent any damage.
Explore these varied solutions to keep your AirPods snug and enjoy uninterrupted music. From correct fitting, and minor adjustments, to handy accessories, there’s a way to make your AirPods experience hassle-free and enjoyable.